1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nice ship Steinfelt...

Discussion in 'Talk is Cheap' started by Mosler, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Mosler

Mosler New Member

#1 Mosler, Feb 21, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  2. joemorin73

joemorin73 Executive Member
    Executive Member Donator Member

Ummm, how much stacking are you doing for that ship?

3. TheGuru

TheGuru Executive Member
    Staff Member Executive Member Donator Member

@Mosler I see you are one of the people exploiting by using blocks inside of blocks >.<
    We have already stated that we will be banning for exploiting so be aware of that

#3 TheGuru, Feb 21, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  4. Stinefelt

Stinefelt Executive Staff
    Staff Member Community Owner Donator Member

Test subject 157 is gone, science has discovered that scaling is over rated and a better building blueprint is required.

[​IMG]

5. Mosler

Mosler New Member

Took me a min to realize what you meant by stacking, and i can assure you there was none of that. First off in the top pic you are only seeing a small portion of my ship.
    https://imgur.com/a/2vYJf
    Second i designed the ship completely out of 1x1x1 framework cubes and replaced them with components as was needed (also scaled up once or twice).
    Third i realized the timestamps of those photos look like it only took me 12 sec to bring the target down, in reality it took 2 freakin hours, and i had two other faction mates helping for the last half.

6. Rintero Pryde

Rintero Pryde New Member

Hello, Guru! Please feel free to inspect our ships as you please! None of us actually know how to utilize the exploit mentioned. Rest assured we discourage exploits amongst our own ranks, as we realize these behaviors result in unwanted server resets and loss of progress. (Not to mention completely and utterly spoiling the fun of honest ship builders). See you out there!

7. TheGuru

TheGuru Executive Member

Currently, there is a exploit where you can place multiple bocks in the same space. Essentially stacking blocks to make a very small ships that is much more powerful than it should be. Based on the size of your ships, it's produced energy levels, hangar space, and speed capability that is the only way you could achieve that with a ship your size that I know of

8. Mosler

Mosler New Member

you are more than welcome to examine my ship for such shenanigans. If the server is still up when i get home ill post a more detailed list of its specs. I believe you are drastically underestimating the mass of my ship. I will admit it does look tiny next to steinfelts ship... but that thing is masssive, 300mil avorion massive.

9. TheGuru

TheGuru Executive Member

o_O I had a ship that was under 4mil avorion and it was much larger than that. I can see the turrets and they are relatively large compared to that ship. Mine had 40 turrets and it was in a tiny front are of the ship. If that is 300m avorion I would be quite curious to see that BP

10. TheGuru

TheGuru Executive Member

If I'm incorrect, I apologize. Based on the picture it just looked fishy (unlike my ex-wife... who just smelled fishy, mwahaha). I'm possibly jaded a bit due to all the people that WERE exploiting the system, but at least our next version will have better preventative measure

Rintero Pryde likes this.
  11. Mosler

Mosler New Member

I can completely understand why you would be jaded, and have no ill will toward you for you concern.
    here is a link to my ships more detailed specs.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1310341845

also my ship is not the 300mil avorion one... steins is

#11 Mosler, Feb 22, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  12. TheGuru

TheGuru Executive Member

Yeah, his original ship size was a bit under 4mil. He was testing the scaling feature in the game and seeing how far it could be pushed.

13. Rintero Pryde

Rintero Pryde New Member

Quite far, apparently haha. So, was this vessel actually Stinefelt's? I ask because on several occasions we hace discovered perfect copies of our own vessels, down to crew, turrets, and fighter count in previously undiscovered areas of the core. (And specifically the core). Is this a bug?

14. Stinefelt

Stinefelt Executive Staff
    Staff Member Community Owner Donator Member

The ship was my testing vessel to see the impacts of scaling, thus why I didn't play with it to much because it played like a turd and I advise that you don't scale up a ship lol. However finding perfect copies of your own vessels and such in other sectors near the core could be when the server crashes it is storing the data twice and then loading back up. A few things that the dev would have to fix with the game in general, however beta look very nice so far, and the work Joe has put in for us to ensure several main elements have been fixed up.

15. Mosler

Mosler New Member

scaling has worked pretty well for me so far. i have never gone as big as your ship though. My ship is at 1 mton in weight, and i figured that was going to be as big as it ever needed to be.

16. TheGuru

TheGuru Executive Member

Scaling works to a point, but roughly 100x scaling..... doesn't, lol. As for the duplicate ships, it's a known bug at the moment. When a crash happens, a duplicate is created (typically somewhere you were recently). This is why people are missing fighters and other things after a crash, because those are in the duplicate "somewhere". It's a bug the dev is working on and hopefully fixes soon