1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Special Empyrion 8.0 (Community Question| Starter Kits)

Discussion in 'EAG Announcements' started by Stinefelt, Jun 10, 2018.

?

Shall we provide a better starting kit?

Poll closed Sunday at 2:44 PM.
  1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Stinefelt

Stinefelt EAG
    Staff Member Community Owner Donator Member

EAG Gamer's,

With the Empyrion 8.0 nearing closer to what looks like a possible release! I would like to gather some feedback as to how or what you would like to see for a possible EAG Starter Kit. This is currently on the table to be worked out for when the server goes live from Experimental. The idea is to keep things a challenge, keep it fun, and allow for you to bring your own elements. You can use the poll if you would like to provide quick vote, or you can leave direct feedback.

Thanks,

Stine

2. Vorg

Vorg New Member

Would be nice to start with light armor for getting into the water, though they seemed to have removed small o2 tanks from all the factories.

I am finding the starter tool does hold them back, sort of if you are a good shot. But you need to keep moving which makes shooting harder and you burn through stam which makes the tool stop working. Then you are dead. The basic pistol seems to be better then it used to be. I am a bad shot but with a pistol and a couple hundred rounds I have been able to kill several waves of spiders and a night raptor. Even took down 2 drones.

#2 Vorg, Jun 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  3. Oskiwee

Oskiwee I <3 Stine

I would like to see at least some oxygen, maybe 1 stack of 100 each ore except the hard to find ones. A drill for mining unless we start with the one we can build right away.
    Some food would be great also.
    This is a survival patch and trust me you will need all your wits to get throu some of these POI's and the strange things that happen around them. Open your eyes and get ready.

4. Vorg

Vorg New Member

Having the ore is nice to build the base and stuff, but when you first land, you need to level and the best way to do that seems to be harvest which requires inventory space. You need to level a little so you can put a turret, ammo, and power generation before you can put a base down. Or you will have problems with drones. LOTS of problems with drones. They cheat big time.

If any ore, just the 3-4 basic ores or you will have a problem with inventory space

5. Oskiwee

Oskiwee I <3 Stine

Sorry Vorg not true, you have alot of inventory space when you get your small constructer so that takes care of that. Now as for drones attacking you just hang around the beach with a long chair and margarita lol you be fine. drones will not attack at you till you place a base unless you are close to theirs. People should just be careful and they can last for days to get all items needed to make what you want. first thing is get a cheap SV up and then try to open the map as soon as possible. Get a scanner made asap.

6. Vorg

Vorg New Member

But don't you have to empty the constructor to move? I am always on the move until I have a base. Need to be to get food.

As for drones, I don't have a base yet on the current server, no craft, just made a bike. I've had 2 drones some after me, both missile drones and they did fire. but missiles move slow enough, you can dodge them and get right up under the drone to shoot. THey can't shoot straight down

7. Oskiwee

Oskiwee I <3 Stine

yes but why move if you are in a safe spot and trust me once the drones like you say come at you, run like hell and carefull in the radiation field lol