1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DevBlog - Weapons Rework

Discussion in 'Infestation The NewZ' started by Hitliz, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Hitliz

Hitliz Executive Member
    Staff Member Executive Member Donator Member

Dear Community,

LET US KNOW YOUR FEEDBACK ABOUT WEAPON STATISTICS BY COMMENTING ON THIS THREAD.

Another dev blog! I'd like to keep it short again while still keeping you all up-to-date. First of all I'd like to let you all know that by today we are testing and finalizing patch 2.18. This means that after the weekend we should be close to release patch 2.18!

For me patch 2.18 is already finished when it comes to my tasks in the development. This is also why I am starting this dev blog now as I am continuing for patch 2.19 where we one thing I will aim for is: The rework of a lot of 'custom' guns.

Now, there is 2 major problems with some 'custom' later-added guns in New Z:

1. Majority is not optimized.
    2. Most of the weapons are not used by players due problems such as: not looking good, not good statistics, attachment issues, performance issues, animation issues etc.

Basically there is stuff that needs to get fixed mainly where I'll have to rework these guns. In the meanwhile I have gathered feedback from the community together with some other staff to rework the weapons in the best way possible. Weapons I currently have on the list and what's aimed to be fixed is as following:

• AK12 - This weapon is SUPER unoptimized. Has to be replaced with a newer (optimized) model. Therefor automatically attachments, animations etc will be reworked. Also aim to improve statistics so the weapon becomes more 'worth it' to use.
    • M4A1 - This weapon is also quite unoptimized. Has attachment problems and barrel does not look good. Basically this results in having to rework the entire gun as well. Statistics are find for this weapon though.
    • AS VAL - No one uses this gun. Model has some issues. Statistics are bad. Will be reworked entirely.
    • FN Scar Red Stalker - Didn't had the right model in TPS and physics issues. This I actually already fixed for patch 2.18.
    • QLB 06 - The weapon is just "too big" in first person and takes up too much space. Also need to fix that skins work for this weapon. Shouldn't take much time.
    • M200 - Unoptimized, needs to be reworked entirely.
    • SVU - Unoptimized, needs to be reworked entirely.
    • AMR2 - Unoptimized, needs to be reworked entirely.
    • STI Eagle Elite - Model has to be changed as it's literally the same as a Jericho pistol.
    • TEC 9 - Unoptimized, needs to be reworked entirely. Also need to fix sounds and improve quality overall.
    • Thompson - Actually this is already done for patch 2.18: I reworked the iron sight from 2D to 3D. Also reworked icon. This weapon is already finished.
    • VSS Compact - Not sure what to do with this gun but I have some feedback that I will use to improve the statistics of the gun.
    • Scar H - I do plan on reworking this gun. Planning on entirely reworking this weapon. I have feedback for this gun but all more feedback and idea's are always welcome!
    • FN FAL - Will be reworked entirely.

Note: I am asking all of you who read this if you have any ideas for a particular gun please let me know in the comments!

If I missed any weapons you think should be fixed / reworked / changed let me know in the comments.

On 1-6-2018 at 1:23 PM, Sven said:

UPDATE #1:

After some consideration and you guy's feedback we have decided NOT to go with the AK12 model presented earlier. We will now work with the following model:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one doesn't only look better but it's also really an AK12. I'll keep you all updated! [​IMG]

On 3-6-2018 at 11:40 PM, Sven said:

UPDATE #2

New AK12 model is getting there! Finishing rest tomorrow. (Animations etc)

[​IMG]

On 13-6-2018 at 2:27 PM, Sven said:

UPDATE!

AK 12 has been finished. Moving on to the M200 now.

Plan is to:

• Change model
    • Custom new scope with new sight (default)
    • Improve sound
    • Improve TPS model
    • Improve physicx
    • Improve animations

Down here you can see a good preview of how the new one looks. (Don't look at the hand placement, I havent done any animations yet)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On 14-6-2018 at 11:13 AM, Sven said:

UPDATE:

M200 Rework is done. Main reason for this rework was because the original model was too unoptimized. This new model is more optimized.

Going to start on the skins for the M200 now..

On 14-6-2018 at 11:32 AM, Sven said:

UPDATE:

Still busy with the m200 skins. Now also reworked the M200 sound. Sounds WAY better now [​IMG]

On 14-6-2018 at 3:20 PM, Sven said:

UPDATE:

Picture of the new M200 Chrome! [​IMG] Just finished this one.

[​IMG]

On 19-6-2018 at 3:55 PM, Sven said:

UPDATE:

Just finished the AS VAL. This one was a bit easier. Here is some samples of the weapon:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On 20-6-2018 at 11:40 AM, Sven said:

UPDATE:

Just finished the AMR2 rework! Just optimized the mesh, other than that no major changes. Funny fact is that this model now is 20 times more optimized. Original (old) model was SUPER UNOPTIMIZED. Stats:

Old model: 80.000 faces (very bad)

New model: 2-3000 faces (very good)

This is a major improvement for FPS and performance. Best part is that the mesh still looks the same after optimizing.

[​IMG]

On 20-6-2018 at 6:13 PM, Sven said:

UPDATE:

Just finished the replacement for the STI Eagle. This pistol was using the Jericho model since for ever and since the start of New Z we wanted to replace this model with it's own unique one which is what we did! Finally it's different! NOTE: This didn't take any longer than 30 minutes so don't worry. We know this replacement wasn't SUPER important but glad it's done! [​IMG]

Also updated the store icon!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just now, Sven said:

UPDATE:

Started on the last and final weapon that's currently SUPER UNOPTIMIZED in the game so 100000% needs an update / fix. This time we went for an entire new model and retexture. Will continue on this tomorrow w/ animations & rigging.

[​IMG]

I will keep you all updated along the way through this dev blog!

Best Regards,

// Sven
    // The New Z - Staff Team

Continue reading...