1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avorion Suggestion: Raise the faction ship limit.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Tornek125, Feb 10, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Tornek125

Tornek125 New Member

At the moment, the server is treating players and factions as one and the same, limiting factions to a total of 10 ships per faction. This is a bit of a problem as any faction with more than 10 players (or even close to it) is limited to only a handful of ships that can actually share and improve faction relations for the whole group.

If there's a way to increase the limit to 10 ships per faction member, rather than 10 ships for the entire faction, my crew and I would be most appreciative.

2. Stinefelt

Stinefelt Executive Staff
    Staff Member Chairman Of The Board Member Donator

Greetings I wanted to inform you that I am doing some research as to see what a good number is. Something that we are reviewing is the impact to many ships would have on the server, and how it would effect game play overall. Our goal as a Community is to make sure that we provide a good server for players to enjoy, and that we make modifications that keep certain balances in play styles.

As this limit effects both player and alliance in one setting, we can't say this for alliance and this for player. So with that, it's one setting that rules them both currently set to 10.

What numbers have you experienced if any on other servers?

What do you feel is to much?

What do you feel is just right?

Thanks,

Stine

3. TheGuru

TheGuru Executive Staff
    Staff Member Chairman Of The Board Moderator Member Developer

Another thing to consider in this is that our server allows fighters where others out there do not. They add a load on the server and if you increase the amount of ships greatly AND include all the fighters possible into this, you are talking about possible crashes. As with all things, something that would have to be tested to see the effects

4. Deathshades

Deathshades New Member
    Member EAG VIP Member

I say 2 per player tops 3 or set 15 total for alliances that way limit clan sizes and i agree with guru the fighter do start lag you out arpund 200 250 to start them more u get higher it gets worse ..i hate say limit them but ya 200 per ship be nice

5. Stinefelt

Stinefelt Executive Staff
    Staff Member Chairman Of The Board Member Donator

Fighters are limited to 240 per sector already.

To be clear, there is only 1 setting for ship limits, you can't set it different for player and faction.

6. Tornek125

Tornek125 New Member

Would it be possible to change it to a soft cap that rises as more players join the faction? Not sure if maybe that would be asking too much, I don't know what the coding looks like.