1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Avorion server being fully wiped tonight

Discussion in 'EAG Announcements' started by TheGuru, Feb 7, 2018.

1. TheGuru

TheGuru Executive Member
    Staff Member Executive Member Donator Member

We are about to fully wipe the Avorion server. We don't want to, but we found evidence of MANY players using an exploit that made the current game completely unfair. The exploit has been patched and can no longer be used. Those that were using it know who you are and should be ashamed. This is the only way that we can insure a PvP game is fair to everyone considering the rampant cheats.

We know this sucks as we are losing all our hard work and efforts as well, but there simply is no other way to balance things as they should be. We would just ban all the offenders, but unfortunately Avorion's logs aren't advanced enough yet to show the player names of the culprits. We can see how often it was used, just not the names of who did it.

With this wipe, we are slightly lowering the difficulty as well. Not a lot, I DID say slightly

2. allbad

allbad New Member

I'm ok with this... my starting sector had no bases, no gates, and no other star systems within the glowy-green dot range.

Stinefelt likes this.
  3. Stinefelt

Stinefelt Executive Staff
    Staff Member Community Owner Donator Member

This is a new server for us to add to our line up, so we don't expect to be perfect out of the gates. As we learn, we will continue to improve greatly!