1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avorion MOD which allow to move claimable Asteroids between Sectors

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gigiligi, Feb 10, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Gigiligi

Gigiligi New Member

So since there is already a nice mod to haul goods by an AI ship, it would be nice to set up a full production chain in one Sector.
    There for it should be possible to teleport the Asteroids which you can transform into mines, so you can supply yourself with the very base goods.
    For that problem already a mod exists called "move Asteroids" (link to official Avorion Forum):

https://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php?topic=2685.0

It need to be applyed to the server and the client.

What is its function, in pictures:

https://imgur.com/TYSp0gj

in text:
    When your closer then <10km of an claimable Asteroid, you claim it.
    Then in the menu appear a new point called "move Asteroid".
    You have to pay 500.000 Cr for each jump you make with the Asteroid.

With this mod players should be able to produce any Items / Goods they need or want in one Sector including me. Who wan to go into building but is beeing hold back, because there is no automated way to trade between sectors.
    And who want to haul Stuff from A to B waiting for the jump to be calculated all day, thats not the fun part of the game :). I hope we get this mod added to the already existing mod pack.

2. Emperor

Emperor New Member

To be honest it's weird that vinilla doesn't have such feature.
    In IRL space moving stuff around isn't impossible.
    I love this idea and it would be great to have this mod implemented ^^

3. Cyberpunk262

Cyberpunk262 New Member

I totally agree with this move (pun intended) i think it will really open the server up for more opportunities

4. Stinefelt

Stinefelt Executive Staff
    Staff Member Chairman Of The Board Member Donator

I have done some homework on this currently, and it's under review by our Development Team. Thank you for the suggestion and all that have come here to support it. A few questions:

Do you feel that this would setup an unfair advantage for larger factions, or players that have the time to play more then others?

Do you feel that this would setup your area to be in more danger from other alliances or players?

Thanks,

Stine

5. TheGuru

TheGuru Executive Staff
    Staff Member Chairman Of The Board Moderator Member Developer

I think that IF this was implemented, there would have to be a limit to how many a person/faction can "move". Otherwise, a couple of large factions could essentially "own" the majority of them which puts all the other players at a huge disadvantage. It would have to have limits and balance

6. Gigiligi

Gigiligi New Member

Since there are 13 Mines in game ( i know there are 3 which are same but who cares :D) i would give each player 13 moveable astros so you can cover everything in the production chain. For alliance it would be a fixed number like 20 or 30 to keep everything easy if that can be done in the code so that ally can also produce things but will not get out of control and keep the power shared with everyone.

7. Emperor

Emperor New Member

Hmm

Rite

1. Large factions have huge advantage anyway.
    In this case if there was limit of movable asteroids per faction then it would actually balance the differences as large factions wouldn't be able to grown larger since limit is reached.
    I don't know if movables respawn. If they do then limit isn't neccesary. If they don't then I would reccomend to implement the limit.

2. This actually isn't that simple question.
    Players are now forced to build factories at spots that might be attacked.
    As long as they don't have this ability they can't build everything in just one sector.
    So the result will be that after implementation of this mod players will build supersectors at safe zones which is kinda shitty.
    Noone will be able to attack them as they will be immune. On last server i played it was quite heavy issue.
    Endgame was boring cause it was impossible to find any destructible station as there didn't exist any out of safe zones.
    Noone fought with each other and server went dead quickly (players left)
    But on the other hand ,,movable asteroids'' feature is cool as it saves time and make stations easier and more comfortable to manage.
    It also add's a bit of cool realism into the game as in IRL space there could exist in the future zones where asteroids could be pulled in and later on mined.
    So there are two things that could solve this issue:
    1. disable ability to build stations at safe zones
    2. disable ability to move the asteroid to safe zone
    3. disable safe zones entirely
    I would love to see 3rd option implemented as i consider safe zones a bit cheaty.
    But propably 1st one would be enough.
    If mod and one of those options was implemented i believe that it would make game:
    a) more interesting (people would need secure their systems properly, estimate the risk)
    b) more realistic (immunity in my opinion is always a bad solution.

Guru

Yeap limit would be cool but I would also rise the cost.
    0,5mln Cr is supercheap for such feature.

P.S
    It is also possible that mod will improve server performance as players/cargo haulers won't have to jump over the map.
    (loading systems, activating and deactivating them = pulling data from server).
    I might be wrong but I think it's worth a try.

The Architect